LET YOURSELF REST
If you’re exhausted, rest.
If you don’t feel like starting a new project, don’t.
If you don’t feel the urge to make something new,
just rest in the beauty of the old, the familiar, the known.
If you don’t feel like talking, stay silent.
If you’re fed up with the news, turn it off.
If you want to postpone something until tomorrow, do it.
If you want to do nothing, let yourself do nothing today.
Feel the fullness of the emptiness, the vastness of the silence, the sheer life in your unproductive moments.
Time does not always need to be filled.
You are enough, simply in your being.
- Jeff Foster
Notes On Herbal Infusions
We exist within cycles, just like the Earth.
These cycles emphasize transformational wisdom which, when observed and practiced, has the potential to propel us forward in our personal evolution. Spring is a time of renewal and revitalization.
Just as the Earth awakens and starts to bloom, we must realize that our bodies are experiencing the feeling of expansion as well. Winter is a time of reflection and stillness, so the energy around us is moving slower.
In order to make the transition into this new energy, besides doing an annual Spring Detox Cleanse, I love to support my body with herbal infusions.
Overnight infusions are simply the longer version of making a hot tea. When herbs are placed in warm/hot water, the extraction process is sped up, allowing most of the water soluble medicinal constituents to be extracted quickly. You can use the same ratios or amount of tea you would normally use (I tend towards stronger infusions so I use heavier hand) but you can experiment and see what amount works for you
SOME BENEFITS OF HERBAL INFUSIONS ARE:
• Increased NUTRITION.
• The long steep draws out maximum nutrients, such as, vitamins, minerals and even proteins.
• When making an infusion of leaves, all the chlorophyll, a very potent healer, is thoroughly extracted.
• Easy to make
• It has very few side effects because it does not contain bitter oils, esters, or resins that you may find in more medicinal herbs and spices.
HOW TO MAKE A HOT HERBAL INFUSION
1. Scoop up to one ounce of dried herbs into a quart sized mason jar.
2. Heat water until it just comes to a boil.
3. Pour hot water over herbs to submerge them and cover to help hold in any volatile oils.
4. Steep overnight and strain in the morning.
5. Warm up mixture over stove or drink chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy within two days.
Here’s a recommendation for 3 days of Spring Renewal Infusions
Day 1- Liver + Lymph Support *make sure you are pooping regularly
Our bodies usually accumulate the most toxins during Winter because we are spending more of our time indoors and moving less. It's Important to periodically cleanse from the inside out, so that these toxins do not build up and cause inflammation and sickness within the body.
Day 2- Heart and Nervous System
Day 3 - Brain
This is a great, easy 3 day whole body infusion support.
Make sure all herbs are organic!